Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days: Day Three - Snowball Cookies & a Playlist

I should have posted about Day Three yesterday. I mean, that would have been the thing to do. But it's hard to get into the Christmas Spirit when you get home at 9, full of coconut lime margarita and tired.

What? Like you don't occasionally have margaritas on a Wednesday night? Well in my defense it was my brother-in-law's birthday.

But I think that it reminded me what is really required to get in the Christmas Spirit: cookies and music.

So tonight when I got home from work, I started to make my favorite Christmas Cookies: Snowballs.

Ingredients:
1/2 C Sugar
3/4C Butter
2 t Vanilla
1 Egg
1 C Chopped Nuts (optional - I used walnuts)
16 oz chocolate chips
2 C Flour
1/2 t Salt
Powdered Sugar



Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine sugar, butter, vanilla and egg.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet portion gradually and mix in nuts and chocolate chips.



5. Using a cookie baller (you know, a real small ice cream scoop) scoop dough into little balls and put on baking sheet.



6. Depending on your oven, and the type of baking sheet you use, cook for 10-12 minutes and let cool.
7. Once thoroughly cooled, place cookies inside a ziplop bag of powdered sugar, and shake.
8. And like Magic, you have snowballs in your house that will never melt.



They will get eaten though, so make sure you have a few! And if you aren't in the mood yet, just download some of my favorite songs:

- Merry Christmas Baby: Bruce Springsteen
- Santa Claus is Back in Town: Trisha Yearwood
- All I want for Christmas is You: LeAnn Rimes
- Please Come Home for Christmas: the Eagles
- Oh Holy Night: Celine Dion
- Better Do it Right: Smashmouth
- Santa Claus is Comin' to Town: Bruce Springsteen
- Christmas Baby Please Come Home: Darlene Love
- All I want for Christmas is You: Mariah Carey
- Last Christmas: Taylor Swift
- Gee Whiz, it's Christmas: Carla Thomas
- Rockin Around the Christmas Tree: Brenda Lee
- Step Into Christmas: Elton John
- Jingle Bell Rock: Brenda Lee
- Mele Kalikimaka: Bing Crosbie
- You're a Mean one, Mr. Grinch: Jim Carrey
- Run, Run Rudolph: Chuck Berry
- Little Saint Nick: Beach Boys

Of course, there are many more fantastic songs, but those are some of my favorites! Hope Day Four's post finds you more in the spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment