Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Liar, Liar, wish my pants were on fire...

So it seems that in my last post I had promised a craft. I think the title of this post really sets the tone here... I do not have a craft to share. Here is why:

On Saturday, just as I finished sanding and cleaning my very last dining room chair we lost power. It was around 3:30 p.m. I'd say, and I made sure that I ran out to buy some paint at the last minute when it started snowing. I thought that I could spend the weekend painting since I would surely be stuck in my house due to the freak October snow storm. What I did not realize is that it's pretty near impossible to paint without lights, or heat.

That brings me to my next point: I do wish my pants were on fire because then at least I would be warm. See, not having power for 3 days brings the thermostat down quite a bit - to about 50 Fahrenheit, and that's not super warm. Also, by some great injustice of the universe, my place of business has power (hence this post). 95% of the town that I work in is without power. How did my office get to be in that 5%? Terrible luck. It's not easy to get dressed for work when it's 50 degrees in your house, and dark.

Anyway, the point is, I don't have a craft to show you, for which I apologize because I really thought I would be done with my dining chairs by now. But, while we're on the subject... you should probably never believe anything I say. Just to be on the safe side.

In related news, I did spend the day at my Mom's house yesterday where she had plenty of power and heat to go around. We primed some of her (formerly my) dining room chairs, and re-upholstered the remaining 2 regular seats for my chairs. There are 2 arm chairs that still need to be done, but since I took the leaf (that has to be incorrect spelling) out of my table, it only requires 4 regular chairs.

In new news, I decided last week that one of the things I would do for this new blog is a series. I was inspired by a bunch of fallen limbs that still had the pine cones on them. So then, the idea "30 Days to a Winter Wonderland" was born. I am going to do 30 days (not always consecutive) of crafts with things that I already have, got for free or real cheap (my total budget for the entire 30 days in $100). All of the crafts will be on the theme of Winter Wonderland - which is what I am going for my Christmas Decor this year.


Today was going to be day one, but since I don't have power, it would be kind of difficult. Hopefully tomorrow? Whatever the case, if you want to follow along, the first Day requires that you buy a bunch of candy. That is why it coincided with the day after Halloween. So I do plan on buying candy today, and if you want to keep up, you should buy some candy too... you know, if your local walmart or target actually has power.

Keep tuning in... one of these days there will be crafts!

Day One Here!

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sister Katie - 22 seems too old for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment