Sunday, September 23, 2012

Check and Check.

Just taking a minute to let you know what we are doing this weekend:



That's right, it's time for us to check those last 2 jobs off of our list: the lean-to roof on the barn, and painting the hallway.

As you may have guessed, I will not be doing any roofing. But I did patch some holes and "cut in" yesterday. Today its time to bring out the big guns... er, rollers. The hallway (which includes the stairs) is the last area in this house that has not seen a paint brush... and you can tell. I intentionally left out photos of the peeling paint, paw prints on the wall, etc. We really let things slide up there.

No more! Enter Chocolate Froth, my favorite "tan" by Behr. This paint may or may not be left over from all of the painting next door. Hey, save where you can, right? I just hope I'm not scraping the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket at the end of the day pleading for a little more paint.

So friends, wish us well! As soon as Dan finishes the roofing job, we're officially done with Glenwood, and maybe then our moving search might get a bit more real.

PS - if you are in the neighborhood and you hear something terrible, like a cat dying... no need to worry, it's just me singing along with the Wicked Soundtrack while I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment