Monday, September 3, 2012

Wedding Week!

Since my buddy Amy got married on Saturday, and tomorrow will be my one year anniversary, I've officially declared it to be wedding week. I planning on 3 posts total, so try to remain calm. Don't Panic! (right Angela?)

Let's start out with Amy's wedding. First things first: Amy and Nate have the world's most similar wedding timeline to mine (ours?): engaged on Christmas Eve, showered on Memorial Day Weekend, married a year and nine months after getting engaged on Labor Day Weekend. They also had a similar approach to their wedding: tented and casual. Dig in:





The wedding reception was held at the Bride's parent's house. Holy Cow did the parents of the Bride and Groom do a TON of work to prepare for this wedding! Nate's father kicked things off by excavating the site. He took down a lot of trees to make way for the tent! Then they brought in fill to level and raise the ground a bit. Finally, there is a beautiful stone wall that was built by both families to the left of the tent. Sadly, it did not occur to me to take pictures of it. Trust me when I tell you that you wouldn't even believe a before and after shot! Inside the house there were extensive renovations that kept the Bride's mother very busy!





Amy had a lot of great little details worked in. From the chalkboard signs (all done by Lauren) to the matching seersucker runners, the collected blue mason jars and my God the embroidered table numbers! Amy's Granny, just about the sweetest little Southern Grandma you ever met, embroidered all the numbers herself in different shades of fun country colors. The flowers were collected from friends and family members and then arranged beautifully by Lauren (who also arranged the flowers at the sewing shower if you recall).






The blue and white dishes are mostly from my wedding, but since Nate has such a big family, Amy had to do some collecting of her own! I love the way they look all mis-matched together. And, if you can believe it, even one of the Groomsmen made a comment to me about how he thought the dishes were "really cool and different." Yes, dear readers, even big, tough Army Vets appreciate a little attention to detail!



The trellis has a funny story behind it (if you ask me). Amy's parents bought it at a local flea market and spray painted it white. One day about a month ago, I was dropping off some of the dishes and noticed it out in the yard.

"Wow, I really like the trellis, how cute is that?!" I said to Buddy, Amy's Dad. He laughed and told me that I should let Amy know because "they [Amy and Nate] really don't like it." So I sent Amy a text letting her know that it actually looked pretty good, but she didn't believe me! Needless to say, it looked way better behind their sweetheart table with the "JUST MARRIED" linen sign/bunting than I think Amy imagined.



Emily (Amy's original roomie in Atlanta) models the bridesmaids dress and the Bride's bouquet above. A nice casual Lily Pulitzer dress that may actually be the only bridemaid's dress that could be worn again. The bouquet is actually from Whole Foods - they were beautiful! The Groomsmen wore khaki pants and blue blazers with white shirts and pink seersucker bow ties. Luckily, Nate's original roomie in Atlanta (Jackson) made the trip up for the CT wedding and showed all the Yankee boys how to tie a bow tie.


Ever been to a wedding where you were almost sick to your stomach over how beautiful the bride looked, and how handsome and in love the groom seemed? Yeah, this was that kind of wedding. Amy was so picturesque it was absurd. Grace Kelley has nothing on Amy Rohan Ethier. The pearls, the blonde curls, big white smile and the world's classiest gown. I can't wait to see the pictures that the photographer took.







For dinner, there was a fun country feast of BBQ chicken, pulled pork, green beans, corn on the cob, soft dinner rolls (and other stuff that I forget about because I didn't eat it). But the desserts were the star of the show! Peach Cobbler and Banana Pudding, both amazing country dishes that really hit the spot. Of course, the bride and groom had a small cake to cut and freeze... I don't think the banana pudding or peach cobbler would have stood the test of time in the freezer. 

Most importantly, it was a ton of fun, as evidenced by my favorite photos of the entire weekend:




We tried, but there is just no way to get this large of a group to smile in the right direction at the same time at this point in the night!

Congrats to Barbie and Ken Amy and Nate on a wonderful wedding. I wish you both nothing but the happiest life together... and to move back to CT of course.

1 comment: