Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Amanda's Seuss Shower

Sunday I experienced my first real baby shower. Granted, I've been to other baby showers in the past, but this was for a friend who is having a real live baby next month. I know, I can hardly believe that I am old enough to have friends are having babies.

Little Dino (since Amanda was one of those people who didn't want to know what sex the baby is - they call it Dino) got a ridiculous amount of presents this weekend!

The overall theme was Dr. Seuss, with a cute little play on words: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, New Fish! The new fish of course, being the baby. It was held in the daycare center where Amanda works. So, let's check it out:

Decorate a onesie!

sweet little candle favors

a ludicrous amount of raffle baskets!


Mama in the world's cutest maternity dress

Dessert table!

Amazing cake made by a friend of a friend who isn't doing this for a living!!!

Why isn't he doing this for a living?

The dessert table (which was my responsibility) featured candy that was related to Seuss books and characters



Of course, I had to make sugar cookies... apparently that's my signature move.



Amanda's mother-in-law made all of the table decorations



There was also a place to make a page for the baby's "letters, numbers and shapes" book. I did "D" for dog

Amanda's MIL also made this crazy huge diaper motor cycle. Since Eric and Amanda love the Red Sox, it was all decked out with proper gear for Dino.




just some pretty girls I know

Amanda and Amy... why yes, I do only have friends with "A" names.

Surprise! Amanda's sister flew in from Colorado - and she could hardly hold back the tears





onsies!

I really liked this guy...

But this was mine. Harper is their German Shepard

love the little 'stache

another one of my favorites.



Everyone was instructed to bring a book instead of a card. I designed bookplates (in Amanda's hand) so everyone could write baby Dino a message.

"Dude's Diaper Bag" which Eric noted, could also hold a beer nicely.

It was a good day, and I think Amanda enjoyed it. Can't wait to find out what baby Dino is on September 26th!

No comments:

Post a Comment