Monday, February 24, 2014

Oops, I Did it Again.

As you may have noticed, loyal readers, I've been pretty good lately about not buying things I don't need. Specifically, I haven't brought home any furniture that we don't need (free or otherwise). I'm not sure if this is because I feel my house is full (it is) or because I've been distracted with laziness and curtain making, or maybe because CT is buried under like 3 feet of snow. Whatever the case, our house hasn't seen a new piece since November.

I'll give you a moment.

I know, its shocking.

Anyway as you probably guessed by the title of this post, I found something awesome, and its now hiding in my attic.




Do I already have a total of 18 dining chairs? Yes. Did I need 6 more? ABSOLUTELY. Look at these chairs... you know I'm right. You wouldn't have passed them up for $165, would you?

I'm pretty sure that when Dan finds out, he will be mad... some comment about 24 chairs and me going over my allowance will be made. But honestly, it was only a matter of time. Frankly, he should be happy I made it this long.

The reason I simply couldn't avoid this purchase is because I have been looking for chairs like this since early October. I happened upon this scene in the Pottery Barn at West Farms.


I wished I had $4,500 to spend on a set like this. And I strongly considered saving for it. For a minute anyway. So when I saw the chairs at ReStore last week, I couldn't pass them up, even if they were $165 plus tax... the shape is fantastic, and I LOVE that they have a cained seat, it's so rustic and casual. Basically, these chairs were begging to be brought into my house.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure I can't continue to hoard chairs like this. I'm going to have to get rid of a few things soon. Specifically, the set that is currently in my dining room.

If you know anyone looking, let me know. And in the meantime, just hope Dan doesn't figure it out too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment