Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dear Homegoods,

Please stop stalking me. It's creeping me out that you can literally describe everything I would like my home to do and look like without having ever been inside... oh wait, literally hundreds of homegoods items have filtered their way inside... nevermind.

Anyway, my point is, you read me like a book, and it feels a little invasive yet comforting.

I still love you, and I'm still going to spend a fortune within your safe walls...

-Mandy.


This morning I was reading a blog I like, (Vintage Revivals, by Mandi - with an "i") and she was talking about knowing her style. She took the quiz at homegoods.com and had a similar reaction: how do you know all of that? So it got my curiosity aroused, and I decided to see if Homegoods knew me too.

Here's what they said:


Mandy, You Are A COUNTRY CASUAL

Your home expresses your open, easygoing approach to life. You love unique finds, and can turn a few mismatched garden chairs or floral teacups into a charming arrangement. You appreciate a pretty mix of relaxed pieces, like painted wood or weathered furniture, lovely florals and other patterns, lots of throws and pillows, mementos and bunches of fresh flowers that give your home a unique sense of breeziness and charm.
You value comfort. Your home is a warm and open friendly place, and you feel happiest when everyone is cared for and relaxed in your space. Elements like pillows, throws, overstuffed furniture, and good lighting set the mood. You may also enjoy layering different fabrics or mixing patterns to create a cozy effect.



Creepy right? They know me right down to my need to have fresh flowers in the house even though it makes the Mr. a madman. Oh, guess what else? They showed me what colors I like:



Do you see it? There is evening shadow right there in the bottom middle. And the color to the right is very similar to my living room. It's amazing. When I was trying to find inspiration for the ghost room a few months back, here are some things I pinned (all originally from design seeds, of course)










So yah, Homegoods is stalking me. I figure its the very least they can do since I tend to spend a small fortune there. Have you taken the quiz? It's so insightful and creepy in the most amazing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment