Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hi, my name is Mandy and I...

Hi, my name is Mandy and I am addicted to buying kitchen devices.




What you are seeing here (aside from the world's most ridiculous obsession) is a pineapple core-r, and a mango slicer. I may or may not have dropped $25 at Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday on these little utensils. Don't tell the Mr.

Here is the thing... we have been doing some diet experimentation in our house lately. And I don't mean the  "no ice cream" kind of diet. This is much more hardcore... here are the things we have been without for the past 6 days: gluten, lactose (so basically all dairy), red meat, leafy greens, any fruit or vegetable with a skin, or lots of seeds, beans, and anything with a strong amount of spice. What have we been eating? Well, mostly chicken and rice for dinner, banana and pineapple smoothies (with almond milk) for breakfast, baked oatmeal and quinoa. Also lots of starburst.

Anyway, the point is, I've been working my little fingers to the bone to slice and dice the things we are eating and I am just not into that. So I went to the triple B to buy a mango slicer, because mangoes are fantastic, but I never buy they because they are a huge pain in the *cuss* to peel and slice. So I'm in the BBB finding my mango slicer and I stumble upon the pineapple core-r and decided I had to have it. Pineapples are another one of those delicious fruits that really suck to get open.

NOT ANYMORE!


Do you see what the "left-over" pineapple is? A DRINKING VESSEL! So when we reintroduce alcohol and lactose into our lives, we are going to fill a pineapple with pina colada to celebrate!

On that happy note, I hope you have a great weekend. I am vowing to finish a project this weekend that has been in the barn for a month now, what are you going to do? Oh! I know! Drop what you are doing this instant and go to the store to buy champagne mangoes.... that are life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment