Thursday, January 24, 2013

Headboard and the Unexpected






So, I went ahead and made a new headboard last weekend. I have to say, I kinda love it. I was unsure so many times during the process - did I get the right shape, is it soft enough? Is the fabric too pale? Too smooth? Do I like the nail heads or do I hate them?

But now that it is finished, I really like it. It is currently in my old craft room.

And here's the unexpected part:



Ok, so maybe it's not that unexpected. My craft room is still my craft room. While I was removing the bulletin board and the shelf underneath it, I noticed some stuff about this room that needs attention. For one thing, when my lovely husband re-painted the trim on my bulletin board, he also painted the wall. Yeah...


When I took the shelf down, a piece of the wall came with it... a small piece.


On top of that, now I have some big holes to fill where the shelf and the bulletin board were screwed into the wall.

So be patient my loyal readers... one day, this move may happen. Until then, I'll be patching and painting.

1 comment:

  1. And look what a good helper B is! I like the headboard, well done, my crafty friend.

    ReplyDelete