Thursday, March 8, 2012

Interruption

So I am going to just go ahead and interrupt our B/A's of the apartment for a minute or two. It's not because I have something awesome that I just can't wait to show you... it because cleaning the kitchen is way harder than anticipated, and it's going to take me a while longer. I'll put it this way... last night I did the first cleaning of the floor (yes, I said first, like it will need a second) and I may or may not have pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve in my back from mopping so hard. Yes, it's embarrassing, but it just goes to show, that place is still a dirty mess.

But, my dear loyal readers, I didn't want to leave you hanging! I knew if I went too long without a post that you would get bored with me and my silly little blog. So then, I'm going to show you one of my most useful street treasures.


Once upon a time, this little bad boy was a VERY country  media armoire that had been abandoned on the side of the road... Porter Street to be exact. It was a sad little thing in need of some tender loving care... Mandy-style.


See how pathetic? So I sanded it down, painted it up and replaced the cheesy back panel with some bead board. I also replaced the panels inside the doors with bead board. It got some shiny new knobs, well, not really shiny because it's brushed nickel... but you get the idea. On the inside of the door panels, I did one interior door in cork so that I could pin my most used recipes (like sugar cookies and mac n' cheese) and on the other door, I did chalkboard paint. BTW, it was another hysterical Mandy-Moment when I tried to load this into the truck by myself. Why do I always think I'm so strong?


This was the ideal street treasure at the ideal time. After our wedding and my bridal shower, I had a ton of appliances and serving dishes that were just hanging out in the basement. With my street treasure here, everything found a new home in the kitchen within an arm's reach.

Street Treasures are my favorite, not just because they are free, but because they always make the best Before & After's... plus, then I feel like I've rescued something. And we all know how much I love to think I am saving mankind by rescuing things.

If we ever move out of the "city" I will be in trouble. People in the country don't put things on their lawns to get rid of them, it's not classy. One reason to love Manchester.

Find anything good in your 'hood lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment